Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sweet and Savory Tofu Marinade

Another, New, Tofu Marinade. When I asked what Dave wants for dinner and he says, "lets have that tofu," I cringed. I do love tofu but I just wasn't in the mood. I could have objected, but something inside me just said try something new. I looked online for a new combo, nothing seemed right but I had a few good flavor ideas and put them together very simply.

Marinade:

1/4 cup of soy, tbspn of honey, 1 tsp (or more) of red pepper flakes. Whisk. Marinate.
Marinate for 1-3 hours
Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes ** Carefully checking and rotating. You want them to almost crisp up on the edges.

Notes:

- This was a funny keeniekitchen experiment because I thought I totally screwed up the tofu before the tofu made it to the marinade. I went to press the tofu and wanted to speed things up a bit. When I put my first paper towel on top I gave it a press with my hand. As my hand started to get wet, as the paper towel was absorbing so much liquid, I ended up pressing harder.

-Genius. Right? Well the tofu was kind of smashed. oops! The increased surface area ended up being great! And I think the new key to successfully cooking tofu!

I have provided many "this and that recipes" for a great stirfry, I will not bore you with the details, but here is a visual presentation of how the tofu stir fry was completed. If you want details let me know!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment