Monday, May 16, 2011

Red Curry BBQ Sauce

It was a weeknight, I had been defrosting some chicken all afternoon. What do I do for a sauce? We have this fabulous teriyaki combo, but we just had it. I don't have a lot of ingredients in my fridge... I opened up that same Cook's Illustrated hoping to find an inspirational combo and did I ever. I love these recipes, for some reason I feel like they are difficult to follow, so I feel the need to share because its the same thing but simplified and modified with spice and less lime. This sauce isn't just reserved for a marinade, but can be used for pastas, veggies, and anything you want!

Shopping List:
  • 1 can of light coconut milk
  • 1 heaping tsp of red curry paste
  • 1 tsp of sriracha
  • 1 lime, completely zested and then squeezed
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup water
Putting it Together:
  1. Combine the first four ingredients and whisk together.
  2. Put the water in a small saucer, (I used a 1 quart) add the sugar carefully so it is in the center and not sticking to the edges.
  3. Turn on the heat to a medium/medium high, bring to a boil, as it starts to turn a straw color turn it down to medium. About 4 minutes.
  4. About 3-4 minutes more it will be a more golden color.
  5. Take it off the heat and whisk in the coconut milk mixture.
  6. Put it back on the heat for about 5-6 minutes at a medium heat keeping a watchful eye as it thickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment